Bug#747041: debci: Only one ADT test appearing in log
- Subject: Bug#747041: debci: Only one ADT test appearing in log
- From: email@example.com (Martin Pitt)
- Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 11:24:41 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20140506092441.GA19343@piware.de>
- In-reply-to: <20140505210009.GA22765@debian.org>
- References: <20140504223016.GA8853@purcell.lan> <20140505210009.GA22765@debian.org>
many thanks for the test script! I can reproduce this here. Breaking
it down further, this works:
./run-from-checkout libpng --- schroot sid 2>&1|tee /tmp/l
while this fails:
./run-from-checkout libpng --- schroot sid >/tmp/l 2>&1
So far I think I only ever tested this with the first style of command
(same with | less and similar), or with adt-run's -l/--log option, or
using --output-dir's "log" file. These all work BTW.
At the moment I'm not quite clear what the crucial difference is
between piping stdout and redirecting it into a file, as both should
be a fairly similar streaming. It looks like in the second case there
would be some seek()/rewind() call somewhere which would affect
the >/tmp/l direct file redirection, but not the pipe.
I'll dig into this, thanks!
Martin Pitt | http://www.piware.de
Ubuntu Developer (www.ubuntu.com) | Debian Developer (www.debian.org)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: Digital signature