autopkgtest + chroot howto ? - Was: Re: Is it possible to run autopkgtest without a virtual machine ?
- Subject: autopkgtest + chroot howto ? - Was: Re: Is it possible to run autopkgtest without a virtual machine ?
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Antonio Terceiro)
- Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 10:09:36 -0300
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20140207130936.GA14585@debian.org>
- In-reply-to: <20140126170951.GD3350@piware.de>
- References: <20120622042443.GB28740@falafel.plessy.net> <20120622084616.GA30184@falafel.plessy.net> <email@example.com> <20140126170951.GD3350@piware.de>
On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 06:09:51PM +0100, Martin Pitt wrote:
> I advise to use the schroot runner instead. schroots are easy to set
> up these days with mk-sbuild, and with some additional love (like
> installing and configuring apt-cacher-ng and symlinking
> /var/lib/schroot/union/overlay/ and /var/lib/schroot/unpack/ to /tmp/,
> and having /tmp on a tmpfs), set up, tear down, and package
> installation are extremely fast.
This schroot tip is precious! I have just reduced the build time (which
was mostly spent installing dependencies -- I was already using
apt-cacher-ng) of a package from ~4min to ~30s!
But instead of symlinking /var/lib/schroot/union/overlay/? , I configured
my sbuild chroots adding
? that would affect all my chroots, not only the ones I use for sbuild.
I expected the non-sbuild ones to still be there after a reboot. ;-)
Antonio Terceiro <terceiro at debian.org>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: Digital signature