Bug#711844: illegal-runtime-test-name on capital letters in test names
- Subject: Bug#711844: illegal-runtime-test-name on capital letters in test names
- From: email@example.com (Niels Thykier)
- Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 10:27:59 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 51B58E0F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <51B58BF7.email@example.com>
- References: <51B58BF7.firstname.lastname@example.org>
reassign 711844 autopkgtest
severity 711844 wishlist
retitle 711844 autopkgtest: Allow uppercase letters in test names
On 2013-06-10 10:19, Maarten Lankhorst wrote:
> Package: lintian
> Version: 2.5.13
> When I was working on some packaging for xorg-integration-tests, I noticed that capital letters were not allowed
> in a test name. I can run xorg-integration-tests just fine with them, so it looks like a bug in lintian, or the
> autopkgtest documentation must be changed to explicitly allow capital letters in the test names.
Lintian is following the spec here:
Test names are separated by whitespace and should contain only
characters which are legal in package names, plus `/'.
"Uppercase" letters are not allowed in package names.
Re-assigning to autopkgtest as a wishlist bug.
> The original test binary names are libX11 and libXi in xorg-integration-tests.git, so it would make sense to
> have the test names the same.