Re: Please test: Netscape 4.73 packages with CJK support

On Tue, Jul 11, 2000 at 03:53:29PM +0800, Kam Tik wrote:
> Hi Anthony Fok!!

Allow me to jump in ^^;

> I've got the same program too! Actually, that's the problem that I want to ask
> long time ago. I'm sure that I have installed xfonts-arphic-bsmi00lp as I've
> looked at dpkg -s xfonts-arphic-bsmi00lp, and satified all its dependency, i.e.
> xfs-xtt installed. However, I can't find the arphic TrueType fonts.. I can never
>
> use it. I heard that TrueType fonts need to set something like font path... how
> can I get it working?

The fonts themselves should be somewhere in /usr/lib/X11/fonts
Check /etc/X11/xfs/config to see if the Arphic fonts are included in the
fontpath...

I never had a problem 'coz I've mucked around with the fontpath too much...
^^;  But seems like we have a bug here (ie this should be done
automatically)

> Another problem is that, when I use xcin 2.5 to type Chinese in Netscape, it
> works, but after typing 1 Chinese character, xcin 2.5 turned to English mode
> automatically... I need to press Ctrl+Alt+1 once per character?

I think this was documented somewhere in /usr/doc/xcin; this is a Netscape
bug, and that you'll need to "lock" the input method.
(I forgot which key it was... check the docs)

I hope the above helps...

--
  Roger So                                            telnet://e-fever.org
  spacehunt at e-fever dot org                          SysOp, e-Fever BBS