Configuration problems[GNOME, xcin]

Hello,

    I've installed potato, but found it hard to set up Chinese enviroment in X.

    First, after upgrading xcin and crxvt(rxvt-ml), I can't input Chinese
anymore.  The control-shift does not response. The only way to make it work
again is prepending "LD_PRELOAD=lcGen.so" to commands.  Is there a better
method to solve this problem?

    Another problem I encountered is GNOME does not display Chinese.  I've
modified /etc/locale.alias to let gdm show the selection for zh_TW.Big5.
This doesn't help much but make GNOME show strings of mysterious symbols.
Any solution?

    I've read the debian-chinese mailing list archive.  It seems no one
met these problems before.  Would you tell me how to use Chinese in X
environment?

    Thanx a lot

                                            omnibus.bbs@engbbs.ust.hk

--
                            Engbbs, the BBS of
                        The School of Engineering,

--
¡» Origin: ¬ì¤j¤u¾Ç°|¢Ð¢Ð¢á <engbbs.ust.hk>
¡° From: engsvr.ust.hk