Fwd: PDFlib 2.20 with CJK font support

This is a forwarded message
From: Thomas Merz <tm@pdflib.com>
To: debian-japanese@lists.debian.org <debian-japanese@lists.debian.org>
Date: Tuesday, January 25, 2000, 8:05:25 AM
Subject: PDFlib 2.20 with CJK font support

Hello,

I would like to invite interested developers to participate in the
PDFlib beta test. For those who haven't yet heard of PDFlib, this
is a library for dynamically generating PDF documents from ActiveX,
C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, and Java, with platform support for
Mac, Windows, Unix and mainframe systems.

The current beta adds support for Chinese, Japanese, and Korean
fonts via the CMap/CID technique.  I would be happy to receive
comments of native CJK developers with respect to these new font
capabilities.

PDFlib 2.20, the second beta release towards PDFlib 3.0, is
available from

http://www.pdflib.com/pdflib/beta

Source code packages for Mac, Windows, and Unix are available.

Notable new features (with respect to the previous beta) are

o  text box formatting
o  In-memory PDF generation supported for all language bindings, especially
   ActiveX and ASP
o  TIFF image support in all binary Windows distributions, including ActiveX
o  Adds support for Java packages and javadoc comments
o  Finalized Unicode CJK support for ActiveX, Java, and Tcl

Your feedback is appreciated. Please post to pdflib@egroups.com or
pdflib-beta@egroups.com, or send mail to tm@pdflib.com.

The expected release date for PDFlib 3.0 is start of February.

Thomas