Re: cut and paste for chinese in x window system

On Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 01:32:15AM +0800, zhaoway wrote:
> does anyone here has any success story on cut-and-paste chinese
> characters between x clients, like gimp/xterm, netscape/emacs?
> (the emacs maybe far too complicated here.)

rxvt-ml 2.6.x (crxvt-big5) 和其他 XIM 的程式可以,例如
"LANG=zh_TW.Big5 gedit"。 From 中文 gedit to English rxvt, okay.
>From crxvt-big5 to English rxvt, nope.
>From English rxvt to crxvt-big5, Yes.  (Of course, here I am talking about
cutting and pasting of 中文字。 Plain ASCII (English) is fine just about
everywhere.

>From Crxvt-big5 to Crxvt-GB (from rxvt-2.6.5) Kind of works, but not quite,
since no Big5->GB conversion is done, at least not yet.

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada