Re: Big5-HKSCS <-> Unicode gconv module

¡i ¦b thomas@atlas.datexx.com (Thomas Chan) ªº¤j§@¤¤´£¨ì: ¡j
: Unless people already have GCCS data converted to Unicode 2.0 + PUA,
: I don't see the harm in starting right off with HKSCS<->Unicode 3.0 + PUA,
: and saving the hassle of converting some PUA codepoints to Unicode 3.0's
: CJK Extension A in the near future.

Agree.

: (Plus claim that Linux is among the first to support Unicode 3.0. :)

That would be a plus :)

: > Q9 (http://www.qcode.com) supports HKSCS already, but it's currently
: > disabled for the Linux version. However I've been using the HKSCS-enabled
: > version at office for a few days already without any problems.
: > But I'm not sure whether we will actually release the HKSCS-enabled
: > version. (hey, spacehunt, stop advertising! :p)
: It looks interesting--I think I could learn to use this system.

That thing (don't want to mention the name to promote non-free software
here :) claims it to be the chinese input method that has the 'flattest'
learning curve. But i forsee that i'll be quite popular...
--
¡° ¨Ó·½ ¡À e-Fever BBS ¢I bbs.e-fever.dhs.org ¡À [From: localhost]