Re: chinese in icq

On Tue, Sep 07, 1999 at 09:03:58PM +0800, Shao Zhang wrote:
|Hi,
|	Has anyone had success to display chinese in one of the linux
|	icq clines??
|
|	Thanks.
|Shao.

licq obviously can't display chinese by itself, but it can if used
with the wrap.so in chinput (xa+cv should be ok too, but I didn't try
that).

gnomeicu should have a better support of i18n, but there is a little
glitch that makes displaying GB codes not ok (see previous mails).
I've also heard that Chinese will be garbled when sending through
gnomeicu.

--
Anthony Wong.   [ E-mail: hajime@asunaro.dhs.org / ypwong@debian.org ]