Re: a newbie's question

Thank you for your reply!

In fact, I don't really understand what you mean about the
/etc/apt/sources.list thingy *grin*, but I'll do my research on it.
Besides, I need to set the ethernet right up first. (I'm not using PPP, I
connect to internet thru another gateway)

It seems that they've changed a lot on network configuration, where shall
I look for the lastest information about the network setup? The How-to
seems to be pretty outdated about it, at least in Debian's potato

I think I shall try potato, however, even I'm using broadband internet
connection, my crappy Cute-FTP in M$Windows always hang up while
downloading whole directory of potato, and ISO image of potato is not
available.

Anyone would tell me how to use Linux(RedHat)'s FTP to download the
distribution while keeping the whole directory structure like cute-ftp
does? I think Linux will not hang me up. :)

Thank you!

Dragon.