Re: Problem running Chinput and zwinpro

On Sat, Aug 21, 1999 at 02:01:17AM +0800, Anthony Wong wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 20, 1999 at 11:46:05AM -0400, Yifang Dai wrote:
> |Have anybody successfully run chinput on Debian/Potato system? I'm having a hard time
> |to get it to work.
> |
> |There are two versions of chinput right now: one is packaged in potato, the other one is
> |inside the zwinpro packaged by Anthony. For the first one, it complains 'uncable to locate
> |the input table for PY'. I then went into /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/Chinput, it has
> |a line:
> |
> |chinput.dictionary: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/cxterm.dic
> |
> |but the PY.cit file is under /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/cxterm.dic/gb so I changed the line to
> |
> |chinput.dictionary: /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/cxterm.dic/gb
> |
> |But chinput still can't locate the input table. Any ideas?
>
> That's strange... which version of chinput are you using?
> The latest is 1.4.1-2. 1.4.1-1 doesn't depend on cxterm-* so you may
> face problems if you are using the older one.

The version is chinput-1.4.1-2, I think you packaged it for potato :). I've tracked down
the problem, (by changing the source code), the problem is chinput is not get the
HZINPUTDIR correctly. For some reason, it's trying to find the PY.cit under

'/usr/X11R6/lib/X11//gb'

regardless what I've put in the Chinput(.ad) file. So I just made a simbolic link from
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/cxterm.dic/gb to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11//gb, and chinput works fine now.

> |While for the one packaged in zwinpro, after I change the font from ccs16 to hanzigb16st,
> |chinput just seg fault without output.
>
> Hmm... give me some more time <grin> (I don't have much time to look
> into it)
I think for this one, I think the problem is in the Chinput.ad file also, it has
chinput.dictionary:     /usr/dict
chinput.inputmethod:    ZNPY
chinput.association:    simple.lx

right now, but /usr/dict doesn't exist, should it come with zwinpro or it belongs to some
other program?

Another question for you, when we run netscape under chinputwrap, does netscape has to be
glibc version? and dynamicly linked?

--
Yifang Dai

Fax: (847)628-0255