Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:42:50 +0800
From: Peter Tung <ENPTUNG@cityu.edu.hk>
Subject: Jyutping Phrase Box downloadable from the LSHK website
To: ypwong@debian.org

Dear Mr. Wong,

Thank you for your interest in the jyutping phrase box that
you downloaded from the website of the Linguistic Society of Hong
Kong.  This phrase box was actually compiled by me in 1993 and
I am therefore the "copyright owner" of this phrase box.  After
consulting other members of the LSHK concerned with the promotion
of the use of jyutping, I am happy to report that you are free
to use the phrase box AS IS for your projects, commercial or
otherwise, provided you add the following acknowledgement to your
products for distribution:

"The jyutping scheme was devised by the Linguistic Society of Hong
Kong (LSHK), and the compiler of the phrase box is Peter Tung
(email: enptung@cityu.edu.hk)".

I should also alert you of the existence of a much larger database
of jyutping encodings of Chinese characters, which is however not
publicly available presently in the form of a phrase box that can be
downloaded from the LSHK website.  You are invited to browse through
the jyutping guide (book) published by the LSHK for an idea of the
larger database.  If you keep us up to date on what you are doing
with the above phrase box, the LSHK may decide to make an updated
phrase box available to you.

I wish you all the best in your endeavours.

Peter Tung

----- End forwarded message -----

I'm now preparing a .cin file for xcin, my preliminary version is
working quite well :)

--
Anthony Wong.   [ E-mail: hajime@asunaro.dhs.org / ypwong@debian.org ]