Pkg-deepin work progress report, October 2017

Dear pkg-deepin members, mentors and debian-chinese-gb list members,

This is a brief report about packaging progress in pkg-deepin team as
of October 2017. As always, you may find the packaging progress in the
dependency graph hosted on Alioth. [1]

Pkg-deepin team mainly focuses on packaging Deepin Softwares into
Debian "upstream" so that it can be made available to all Debian
derivatives w/o bothering flatpak/snappy/etc. Our final goal is to push
DDE (Deepin Desktop Environment) into Debian.

The following changes were made in last month:

* Package dtkwidget passed NEW queue after my email to FTP masters :-/
* An attempt of automatically generating blurred background images in
package deepin-wallpapers was made by proved unsuccessful. Upstream
bundled this function into dde-api package now and this still needs
investigation (since our Golang packaging hasn't started yet).
* Examination into upstream code revealed that libcutelogger was
bundled into dtkcore / deepin-shortcut-viewer src repository. This bug
was already reported upstream. We are hoping that this library gets
exposed in Debian archive as part of "DLog" in dtkcore.
* ITP to deal with the golang dependency at the bottom of dependency
graph was filed. See #760263 [2].

It is clear that the NEW queue is still jammed, which is the biggest
blocker (package dtkwm is still in NEW). On the other hand, Deepin
golang packages still have slow progress. Volunteers with good golang
packaging knowledges are welcome.

New versions of dtkwidget added a new build dependency called
"libdframeworkdbus-dev", which is provided by src package dde-qt-dbus-
factory [4]. Obviously it is our main concern in the following month.

We are still in lack of manpower. If there's anyone interested in
packaging Deepin Software, please consider joining pkg-deepin team [3]
and work with us. Your help would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Boyuan Yang

[1] https://anonscm.debian.org/git/pkg-deepin/pkg-deepin.git/plain/depg
raph/pkg-deepin-dep.svg