Re: 北京有 Debian 的 package maintainer 吗?(xburst-tools package)

Hi Li Daobing

(hope you don't mend I send the GTALK log to list. :) )

1. debian/stage1.bin 是怎么来的
有无源码 没有源码的话肯定会被拒绝
打包过程中必须从源码编译出该文件
也就是说这个文件根本不该存在于源码包中,应当是在编译期生成的
如果需要交叉编译,也只能那么做
debian 的规则不允许接纳预编译好的东西

一共有三个编译好的文件.xburst-stage1.bin xburst-stage2.bin stage1.bin
已经在源代码里了,分别在 :
.
├── usbboot
│   ├── xburst_stage1
│   └── xburst_stage2
└── xbboot
    └── target-stage1

Debian 好像可以接纳编译好的文件。这里[3]是另外一个人(Bas 也是Debian 的人)的邮件。

2. 版本号为什么是 -0.1
而不是 -1

这个一定要是 -1 吗?有点不太明白。

3. 因为是第一次上传,请提供一个干净的 debian/changelog 无关的东西全部删除

这个是必须的吗? 这个changelog 我已经改完了。改成只有一行的那个  * Initial release. (Closes: #535429)
但是代码我没有提交。想搞清楚再提交。

4. 考虑说服上游发布真正的源码包
这个是什么意思,这个代码就是我们写的。我要怎么发而这个源码包??

然后提供 debian/watch
现在的 get-orig-source 很绕
实现上也有一些问题
比如,应该在一个 `mktemp` 的目录下完成打包,而不是在当前的目录来做
在 get-orig-source 中已经有这个。就是一个临时目录啊。
  mkdir debian-orig-source
  trap 'rm -fr debian-orig-source || exit 1' EXIT

最后,你得告诉我如何测试你的包也许没法完整测试但你要让我放心你的包不会危害用户
你可以简要说明一下用户会如何使用这个包

要测试这个包必须要有 君正CPU 的设备。这个软件包是和 君正的CPU 通信的。
1. 把君正CPU的设备启动到 USBBOOT MODE
2. 就是用usbboot, xbboot 和设备通信,守成测试,刷机等工作。

如果需要我可以提供设备用于测试 :)

thanks for your help :)

[1]
Bas wrote:
---
You can try the mips porters list, but I'm not sure if that's very
active.  Unfortunately the most active mips porter (Thiemo Seufer) got
killed in a car accident after fosdem several years ago.  But I can also
give some hints:

I see two options, both of which have their drawbacks.  First is to
include the cross-compiler in the source package, and use it during the
build.  This is similar to including a custom version of a library,
which some packages do and is highly discouraged, but sometimes
unavoidable.

*The other option is to include the built version of the mips binaries.*
Debian's policy manual doesn't require everything to be built from
source; it only requires sources to be available and free.  Build tools
must be free as well.  All this is no problem for xburst-tools.

Of course the ideal solution would be to somehow get the things to build
using normal packages.  Perhaps it is somehow possible to create a
package with gcc sources (similer to the linux-source-* packages) from
which a custom cross-compiler can be generated.  xburst-tools can then
build-depend on that, and generate a mips cross-compiler at built time.
You should probably talk to the emdebian people for this.

I have too many projects at the moment to work on this myself, but if
you have any more questions, I'm happy to give some more advice.

Thanks,
Bas

--
Best Regards