iceweasel-bug bothering scim, suggestion for Chinese-HOWTO

 Hello,

 first of all I want to give thanks to Mr. Arne Götje and to Mr. Ming
 (Debian scim maintainer). They both point me to scim and im-switch
 as an IM for chinese characters, which is much more comfortable to
 use than the xcin program I installed before.
 Today I have a question concerning the use of iceweasel together with
 scim and I want to make a suggestion concerning the Chinese-HOWTO.
 First have a look at the problem with iceweasel.
 The effects why I ask are briefly described:
 1. When toggling scim in iceweasel with shift-blank, the scim-icon only
    appears, when the mouse is pointing to a mask or field of a webpage
    displayed by iceweasel that is  allowing input of characters.
    This behaviour is totally different to the behaviour
    of iceape or other applications where scim and its components appear
    immediately after toggling scim, independent to which location the mouse
    is pointing in the application window.
    For unexperienced users this behaviour of iceweasel is very irritating,
    because your first thought is that scim isn't working.
 2. While working with scim on iceweasel, now and then the scim-icon and the
    input-window of scim simply disappear
    and reappear only when the typing of characters is continued.
    This effect is correlated with the event that iceweasel sends the
    error message:
    "Permission denied to call method Location.toString."
    You can observe that coincidence by starting iceweasel with the
 The cause for this error message is a long known bug of firefox/iceweasel,
 see for instance
 http://arguments.callee.info/2009/03/20/permission-denied-to-call-method-location-tostring/
 These two observations have been made on our system by several users with
 different configurations. So these effects don't seem to depend on a
 specific single misconfiguration. The origin of this behaviour seems
 to be iceweasel, because scim behaves well in other applications.
 The system, scim and iceweasel are running on is an up to date debian lenny
 installation with all actual updates. The systemwide locale is set
 to LANG=de_DE.UTF-8.
 scim is brought up in the ~/.xinitrc with the lines:
 if [ -f /usr/bin/scim ]; then
        XMODIFIERS="@im=SCIM"
        export XMODIFIERS
        GTK_IM_MODULE="xim"
        export GTK_IM_MODULE
        /usr/bin/scim -d
 fi
 for each user who wants to use it.

 I'm interested in what you are doing to avoid or circumvent these
 two rather annoying effects of iceweasel. That's mainly because some
 users insist using iceweasel/firefox.

 My second point is a suggestion for a improvement of the Chinese-HOWTO:
 When in 2003 some of my users asked me for the first time for an
 IM for chinese characters, I found the Chinese-HOWTO.gz which
 recommends "xcin" as IM for writing chinese characters.
 Today scim still isn't mentioned in a single line in that HOWTO.
 I suggest that this HOWTO should be complemented with an additional
 chapter concerning scim. The content of this chapter can be identical
 to the README.debian.gz shipped with the debian package of scim.
 This will be of great help for linux users having less
 experience with chinese IM or having no oversight about the eligible
 programs.

 Thanks in advance for any suggestion concerning the above problem.

   Matthias