Re: 怎样更改gnome登录窗口的字体?

2008/6/1 Ji ZhengYu <zhengyuji@gmail.com>:
> 2008/5/30 liuyun <liuyun2009@gmail.com>:
>>
>> 看到这个话题,我想问问怎样改变登录窗口的分辨率大小,我的登录屏幕太小了,也不知道怎么改。
>> 谢谢了。
>
> 你用的是 KDM 吗?如果是的话,那你用 startx -- -dpi 96 试试看。
> 如果正常了,那就进入 KDE 后,在控制面板中,选字体?->Force DPI to 96?
> 嗯……我不用 KDE 的,所以可能不是在字体中设置的。
> 你可能需要自己在几个选项中找找,但一般只要找 apperence 里的就可以。
>
> 这个字体小的问题,一般都是因为 KDE 和 GNOME 对 DPI 的
> 解释不同引起的。同为 10.5 号(中文 5 号)字,在 KDE 下就是小。

刚才忘了给你这个,你可以看看,有关 DPI 的更改说的非常好。

--
Regards,

There are about a dozen ways to force X to use a specific dpi resolution. The method will vary because the way the X server gets started depends on what desktop environment, window manager, display manager, etc. you are using and your own personal configuration.

If your issue is font clarity, one simple way is to put the following line in ~/.Xresources (create the file if it doesn't exist).
Code:

Xft.dpi: 96

While this doesn't actually set the X server's screen resolution to 96 dpi, it tells qt3 and gtk2 to render fonts at 96 dpi. If you are running Gnome (and the gnome-settings daemon is running) it will default to 96 dpi anyway.

If it's not just fonts you're concerned with, then it's helpful to understand how X decides what DPI to use for overall screen resolution (so you can decide where to put the setting):

a) If -dpi has been set as a command line option, it is used (all the other methods are ignored). The command
Code:

X -dpi 96

will start the X server with DPI set to 96. Usually, however, the X command is issued indirectly (you call a script like startx or you start xdm or gdm (probably from an initscript) and they issue the command), so you usually can set dpi:
- directly in whatever script you are using
- in the configuration file used by the script
- in the configuration file used by your display manager (if you are using one)

For example, if you are using the startx script you can pass it as an option to the script:
Code:

$ startx -- -dpi 100

As another example, you might put it in an xsession or xinitrc file...
Code:

DPI="-dpi 75"

...in /etc (so it applies to any user) or in your home directory (so it applies just to you).

b) If the command line option is not present, the DisplaySize setting from the Monitor section of xorg.conf is used to calculate DPI (it will depend upon the pixel resolution). You set your display size in millimeters like this:
Code:

DisplaySize     360     270

You can check to see what DisplaySize X is assuming by using
Code:

 xdpyinfo |grep dimensions

(That is how I personally like to set it.)

c) If (a) and (b) do not apply X will listen for DDC to report the monitor size and use that value to compute DPI. If DDC doesn't report the dimensions, X will default to 75 dpi.