Re: 大家 新年快乐 ! <关于CJK的新包>

(UTF-8 encoding)

Heh, sorry, my Chinese is a bit rusty, especially all these computer
terms.  And UTF-8 seems to be not very well appreciated in a Mhonarc
mailing list: it's a mojibake bonanza...  So I'll continue in English
if you don't mind.

> > >     deb http://chinese.alioth.debian.org latex-cjk/
> > >     deb-src http://chinese.alioth.debian.org latex-cjk/
> > >
> > >     Too many changes have been introduced to list them all here.  I would
> > >     say: just try them out. ;)
> > >     Danai SAE-HAN
> > 我想知道:
> > 哪里有这个包的具体信息?到底有哪些更新?
> 请阅读 http://chinese.alioth.debian.org/latex-cjk/ 下的 *.changes 文件。
> 如需更早版本的信息,请下载 deb 包并阅读其中的 changelog.Debian.gz 文件内
> 容。

I will provide the complete gzipped changelog in attachment.
I've been working on this package for two years (not constantly, of
course ;), and all updates have been marked as experimental.

Here are a few highlights:
 - CJK version 4.6.0, with CVS changes up to 2005年10月31日
   lots of things have changed, e.g. now you can use bkai or gbsn in a
   UTF-8 encoded file, and you don't need to wait for those PK fonts
   to get compiled: CJK now uses primarily .pfb fonts
 - Emacs Lisp files are correctly installed
 - add some dependencies
 - recreate the Arphic TFM fonts, and provide Type1 fonts (that's the
   way CJK now uses: it has dropped ttf2tfm in favour of fontforge)
   along with the necessary .map files
 - compatible with teTeX3 and TeXlive Debian packages, with necessary
   changes to the filepaths because of TDS1.1
 - general cleanup of several debian/* files
 - split the package into several smaller packages
 - the package name has changed to "cjk" for the Debian source, and
   "latex-cjk" for the binaries.  A transitional package "cjk-latex"
   is provided to allow for a smooth upgrade.

If you use some of the HBF fonts, don't upgrade (yet).  I still need
to repackage them, i.e. applying the new TDS1.1 filepaths and
providing the font definition (.fd) files.  But who uses these fonts
anyway, apart from CNS users? o.O?

Kind regards

Danai SAE-HAN
韓達耐