Re: Please update debconf PO translation for the package console-data

On Fri, Nov 11, 2005 at 08:23:03AM +0100, Christian Perrier wrote:
[snip]

> Two new Sun keymaps have been recently added which turn into 5 strings being
> fuzzied (because of "fuzzy matching").
>
> Please update your translation.
>
> While you're at it, please take time to think about this translation. Most
> of the strings you'll find in this file are keyboard map names, which are
> presented to users during Debian Installer 1st stage, while it comes at
> choosing a keyboard.
>
> Translators have made various choices to translate these keyboard names:
>
> 1) literally: fr-latin9 --> fr-latin9
> 2) semi-leterally: fr-latin9 --> French (latin9)
>
> As French translator, I have chosen the last method because this is what
> looks nicer in the lists presented by Debian Installer. This is also the
> easiest thing to understand by newbies.
>
> This is what I recommend you to use in your translations.

To translate the file semi-literally, could you tell me what is
"sunt5-trqalt"? Is it one kind of Turkish keyboard like trfu and trqu?
IIRC, my current translation of this file is based on the contents of
en.po. But these five new entries in en.po are also fuzzied.

I do want to translate all these keyboard names in a clear way, but the
maintainer or author should either provide a translated en.po or comment
the template properly. As a non-europe resident, my guess may be wrong,
especially for these tricky names.

Thanks.

--
 Best Regards,