Re: RSYNC with DoubleByte Character file names

try to set the locales of RSYNC.

Cassar, Adam 写道:
Hi,

We are currently running SARGE and using RSYNC 2.6.3 protocol version 28. I am not running any form of Xserver, and if possible I would like to keep it that way..

I am trying to use RSYNC to replicate files from a mounted Windows file share.. The files in the share have filenames containing various chinese (both simplified and traditional) characters..

RSYNC works perfectly for the english filenames, until it comes to the chinese filenames.. Here, it converts the chinese caracters to question marks, and thus subseqently skips the files..

Is it actually possible to syncronise the mounted share without using an Xserver ?? If RSYNC is not suitable, can anyone recommend any other software that may be able to achieve what I am after ?

Thanks

Adam Cassar