Re: Linux in China

Something from that DD which might make some sense.

http://spacehunt.info/

This is getting boring
Meetings. More meetings. Yet more meetings. Still more meetings.

The above sums up what I have done during the past month. Actually it
would be fine if the meetings actually achieve anything. But far from it.
And even though the host of each meeting is different, in the end it's
always the same old bunch of people: the ones from Red Flag, the ones from
Cosix, the ones from Software Institute, maybe some guy from Kingsoft.
Same old stuff, every single time.

The worst meetings are the ones where the person making the call know
nothing about Linux; once I even heard someone who said they will
seriously look into rewriting the kernel to achieve Win32 binary
compatibility. These people often are also the ones who are most stubborn;
no amount of persuasion will make them change their minds.

I'm still optimistic about Linux in China, but I'm starting to feel...
powerless.