Re: Debian installer beta test

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 10:16:39PM -0600, Ming Hua wrote:
> The Beta 3 of Debian installer (for Sarge) is out today
> (http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/News/2004/7).  This
> version should support Chinese installation correctly.
Sounds good.

> Should we spread the news and ask for testers so that we can fix as many
> bugs as possible before Sarge is released?  Should be provide some
> Chinese specific FAQs to help the testers (for example, direct reports
> in Chinese to this list)?
I'd like to see any suggestions or bugreports about chinese translation
in this list. I have already got some from geekbone.

> Also, the installation manual is in a good shape now
> (http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/).  Is there any plan to organize a
> Chinese translation?
Maybe, we should contact Christian Perrier (d-i l10n co-ordinator) before
starting. If someone organize it, I want to adopt the shortest chapter
(using-d-i). Of course, if the team lack manpower, I can adopt more.

--
 Best Regards,
 Carlos