Re: does dia support chinese?

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 12:42:42AM +0800, Yao Heling wrote:
> I'm using Dia 0.92.2-3 on debian/unstable. I find it impossible to input
> chinese into dia. I remember I could input chinese in the past, but the
> font sizes were huge. Does the current version of dia support chinese at
> all?

I am using the same Dia version in sid, and it works fine here.  Are you
sure you have been in the correct locale (LC_CTYPE), and have chosen a
valid Chinese font?

For the record:
kernel 2.4.25-1-k7
XFree86 4.3.0-2 (using freetype module, without xfs)
FreeType 2.1.7-2
Dia 0.92.2-3

Hope this helps,
Ming
2004.03.03

We used to think that if we know one, we know two, because one and one are
two.  We are finding that we must learn a great deal more about ``and''.
                                                  --- Sir Arthur Eddington