Re: does dia support chinese?

My debian configuration is almost the same as yours as I apt-get udpate
pretty frequently.

I tried to export locale to gbk or utf-8 respectively, so that the
outputs from "locale" indicate everything is zh_CN.gbk or zh_CN.UTF-8;
but neither works. The symptom is that I simply cann't activate XIM once
in dia (of course I've tried various fonts such as SimSun, Arphic-Kaiti
etc); I chose to insert some text, and it worked as long as I entered
English characters, but when I pressed Ctrl + space, nothing happens?

So I have two questions:
1. Is there anything special to be done before using dia with simplified
chinese? (as it's a gtk2 program, I don't think so; and I can use
chinese with other gtk2 based programs)

2. What's the possible cause for my problem?

I really appreciate any help/comments.

Yao Heling

在2004年03月04日的04:34,Ming Hua写道: