openoffice with chinese input

Hi There,
I stucked with chinese input for openoffice for a few
days. I hope someone can help me out. I originally
installed english version debian woody and upgrade to
unstable version. After that I installed all chinese
support packages. Now I can use xcinterm to read and
input chinese no problem. I also have no problem with
xemacs-mule. But when I try to use chinese with
openoffice, it looks like that it can never work for
me. I installed openoffice chinese packages base on
standard english packages. And I have following lines
in my ~/.bashrc
 export LC_ALL=zh_CN.GB2312
export LC_CTYPE=zh_CN.GB2312
export LANG=zh_CN.GB2312
export LC_MESSAGES=zh_CN.GB2312

export XMODIFIERS=@im=xcin-zh_CN2312
stty cs8 -istrip
stty pass8

I also put following lines in to ~/.xsession
LANG=zh_CN.GB2312
LC_ALL=zh_CN.GB2312
LC_CTYPE=zh_CN.GB2312
KDE_LANG=zh_CN.GB2312
export LANG LC_ALL LC_CTYPE KDE_LANG
export XMODIFIERS=@im=xcin-zh_CN2312
exec kde2
#exec gnome-session

then I use the command below to run openoffice writer:
xcin & oowriter
after openoffice writer come up, I did ctrl+space. But
xcin input bar does not come up.
I also try to open a chinese document,it does not work
either.

Please , please if anyone knows anything about this,
please give me some clues.
Thanks
Yi