Multibyte enablation of debconf

So far debconf has some problems handling multibyte character
encodings such as UTF-8, EUC-JP, EUC-KR, GB2312, and Big5.
Thus, I wrote a patch to enable it.  I would like my patch be
tested by peoples who use many 8bit/multibyte characters
before I will ask this patch adopted by debconf.

Detailed explanation and analysis, screenshots, the patch,
and patched package of debconf are available at:

I posted a call for discussion in debian-i18n mailing list.
Please check it if you are interested.

I added debian-russian and debian-l10n-hellas because Russian and
Greek languages use many non-ASCII characters which cause problem
when using debconf in UTF-8.

Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>