Re: any better chinese input method?

On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 09:58:19PM -0500, Min Xu(Hsu) wrote:
> Is there any document for SCIM? I installed the debs from Anthony's
> server, but there is no pinyin method, and I don't know how to added
> it to the gnome panel. :-(

You have to install this too:

    http://foka.dnsalias.net/~foka/scim/scim-chinese_0.2.0-1_i386.deb
or
    http://210.3.115.98/~foka/scim/scim-chinese_0.2.0-1_i386.deb

That is the "non-free" smart Pinyin input method.  Non-free as in no
source code and no commercial use, but you may use it for personal use
at no cost.

I still need to fix some of my own packaging errors before uploading
the packages to the Debian archive.  I apologize for my procrastination.

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling