Re: Display Chinese in java under Linux

Hi,
I would like to update that the java plugin also works with mozilla. After many
months of trying on FreeBSD, I finally gave up. My first attempt on
Debian though has succeeded.

The procedure is pretty much the same as what Alex described with an
additional step to setup the locale before firing up mozilla. Then the
chinese should be working inside the java applets. I was told by some
Sun Engineers that it will only work in j2sdk1.4.0_01 or above. I have
not got time to try 1.3.1 yet.

Regards,

Shao.