Re: 提议给 Debian 定@个官方的中文名字

功夫踢球有搞头吗? wrote:
>>I'm not in the position in saying anything about what
>>name should be in chinese. But debian in
>>english mean "People that belong to Deb package System"
>>

>But in http://www.debian.org/intro/about.en.html said:
>
>    "Since many people have asked, Debian is pronounced 'deb ee n'.
>     It comes from the names of the creator of Debian, Ian Murdock,
>     and his wife, Debra."

I understand that's where the DEB package come from :) But what I mean
is DEB & IAN in english prefix suffix mean DEB as the package System
IAN as the people. That's what it mean in the literal sence. Like
Red Hat , we don't translated to the sound but RED colored HAT.
Like I said, I don't really in the position to say anything. But
that is just a suggestion. I don't find any meaning to translate a
name by it sound then it meaning!
Alex