Add Chinese Editing function to an English Linux box

Hi All Guys
I just join this list.

1)  I am running an English Linux box of another distribution and expect to
add Chinese editing function (Input Big5).   I need the template (menu,
dropdown list, etc) still in English (switchable, prefered).  I found
software from following websites which can be added to an English Linux box
for Big5 Chinese input

http://zhcon.gnuchina.org/

http://www.bjsing.net/down/index.php?sid=57

http://www.linux.org.hk/~kamtik/debian.htm

Kindly advise which of them will be more appropriate to my requirement.

2)  During downloading ISO images from Debian Official Site I found
following software/files and folder.  What are their application/function

jigdo - folder
ls-lR
Makels-lR
binary-i386-1_NONUS.iso