Re: about xcin and pydict

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 10:27:00PM +0800, Zou Min wrote:
> I just found that I can't type chinese into pydict using xcin, though
> there is no problem for crxvt and mozilla, etc.
>
> When pydict starts, there's no error message. And it runs well also.
>
> Any problem it could be?? Thanks in advance!

pydict set locale to zh_TW.big5 internally. So you have to use
xcin big5 to input Chinese with pydict.

So before you start pydict, Change XMODIFIERS to @im=xcin
and also start xcin in big5 mode. Then start pydict. You can
wrap those in a script.

Or Chinput can handle both big5/gb in one instance.

--
hashao|       有物混成,先天地生。寂兮寥兮,独立而不改,周行而不殆,可
hashao|     以为天地母。吾不知其名,强字之曰道,强为之名曰大。大曰逝,逝