Re: Using Acrobat 5.0 's Chinese OTF in XPDF

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002, mau_lee_hk@hongkong.com wrote:
> Dear All ,
>
>  Happy New Year ! And THX for those replied for my previous question
>  (Input HKSCS character in Debian , although i still cannot use it )
>
>  It's another HKSCS related question . Recently i want to make some HKSCS
>  character PDF files with the PDFlib . PDF files are, for sure, display
>  correctly by using win Acrobat reader 5.0. Now , is it possible to use
>  xpdf (version 1.00) with the aid of the libfreetype2 to display HKSCS
>  characters in debian by using the otf font file in win acrobat reader ?

  I'm not sure, but PDFlib cannot support CFF(i mean PDFlib-4.0.1).

  If you are talking about OpenType with TrueType outline, maybe need
  some transfer(to TrueType or any other ps font?), i guess.

  maybe just try it? :) but, i'm afraid you need HKSCS CMap file for
  xpdf to display correctly if you are not goning to embedded the font.

					G.J.Lee