Re: internal network problem

> sound like a reverse dns lookup problem. Search
> 'reverse dns lookup telnet' on google and you will find
> your answer.

Yes, you are right. Some applications use double reverse DNS lookup to
enforce security. Since our internal IP is fake, DNS lookup takes a long
time. So I add an entry in /etc/hosts, and let nameserver looks for that
file before querying DNS server. This solves most problem, e.g. ssh/telnet
connection setup is instant. However, ftp still waits for
10-20 sec. I thought maybe wu-ftpd still query the DNS server.

--
Cheers!

Zou Min
zoum@comp.nus.edu.sg
Theodore Sturgeon's Law: when told that most SF was pretty bad, he responded
"Sure 90% of SF is crap, but 90% of _everything_ is crap."