Re: KDE apps cannot display Chinese fonts

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 01:52:33PM +0800, scheme wrote:
> I'm using unstable and found KDE 2.2.2 cannot display Chinese fonts if
> anti-aliasing enabled.

Check your /etc/X11/XftConfig settings.  Remove these:

	dir "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/defoma/TrueType"
	dir "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/defoma/CID"

Add these:

	dir "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType"
	dir "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/CID"

The font paths used by defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf have changed.

> That's not the case sometimes ago. Since I'm constantly dist-upgrade-ing
> my system, I cannot remember exactly when that's broken. I just
> uninstalled kde-i18n-zhcngb2312 and used English only.
>
> I searched the kde bug reports and learned that one can disable
> anti-aliasing, but it's aweful to use KDE without anti-aliasing.
>
> I followed debian-chinese-faq closely, and it once worked. So the
> problem cannot be solved by referring to the faq.
>
> Any helps are welcome!

I guess one of us Debian developers should update the FAQ soon.  I guess
most of us are too busy to do so right now, but we will get to it before
the official woody is released.

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling
ThizLinux Laboratory   <anthony@thizlinux.com> http://www.thizlinux.com/