Re: printing chinese in mozilla

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 01:39:53PM +0800, Zou Min wrote:
> > > But still failed, even after I added 2 lines below in
> > > "/usr/lib/mozilla/defaults/pref/unix.js":
> > > pref("print.postscript.nativefont.zh-CN",          "gb2312");
> >
> > Are you sure? I think it should be nativecode here.
>
> Oops.
> But after I tried adding either this:
> pref("print.postscript.nativecode.zh-CN",          "gb2312");
> pref("print.postscript.nativefont.zh-CN",          "BousungEG-Light-GB-EUC-H")

This should be ok. I have my user_pref set in
~/.mozilla/XXX/#@#/prefs.js

> I still can't get it work.

If the ps file it printed has these lines:
/Unicode2NativeDictzh-CN 0 dict def
/zh-CN_ls {
  /NativeFont /BousungEG-Light-GB-EUC-H def
  /UCS2Font /Courier def
  /Unicode2NativeDict Unicode2NativeDictzh-CN def
  /unicodeshow1 { real_unicodeshow } bind def
  /unicodeshow2 { real_unicodeshow_native } bind def
} bind def

Then the file should be ok. It means the above font will be used
for printing zh_CN text. If this is the case, you have to make
sure your gs indeed print Chinese with truetype font ok.

If you don't have the lines, then mozilla did not read your
preference setting for postscript generation.

--
hashao|      天下有始,以为天下母。既得其母,以知其子,复守其母,没身
hashao|    不殆。