Re: 请问xcin的词音不见了

: > The problem is, since libtabe includes both the library part and
: > the tsi.src (the database of Tsi's), and some utilities. It may be
: > happen that in the new release even though the library interface/
: > internal itself does not change at all, but only the tsi.src changes.
: > In any case the version number of the libtabe should increase, but
: > not the libtabe interface version number. So, how to solve this?
:
: I've thought about this problem too -- sometimes only the library has
: changed, but not the database; however users using apt-get still needs
: to re-download the whole database again.  Therefore, I think it's
: actually better to split tsi.src from libtabe.  Is this feasible?

Sorry that the author of libtabe: Shawn, doesn't like this idea.
He wants the tsi.src and libtabe program source *as a whole* to
be a package. So, in the source tarball, we will not split them.
But for the .deb or .rpm or what else binary distributors, I
encourage you to split the binary to be library package and the
data (i.e., tsi.db & yin.db) package. This is more reasonable
to maintain and distribute them. :-))

: As libtool's documentation suggests, I don't think it's a good idea
: to include the release number within the filename of the library
: (the soname) itself.  In other words, don't use libtool's -release
: flag when possible.  The soname should only change when the interface
: of the library changes.

OK, I will think about this. :-))

: In the meantime, please forgive the long version numbers I put on
: libtabe's packages (currently at 0.2.4a+cvs20011126-1 :))

It's OK. :-))

T.H.Hsieh