Re: loading chinput ...

On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 01:09:45PM +0800, zoum@comp.nus.edu.sg wrote:
> >   I think I saw this a few days ago. You might try to reinstall the
> >   ttf-arphic-bsm0lp (?) package.
>
> Thanks for you info, but it still doesn't work.

cat your ~/.xsession-error, see if you have the font installed.
It could also be a problem with Xlibs' big5 locale support or glibc's
locales support. Most likely xlib. You can post your
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/locale/zh_TW.big5/XLC_LOCALE here or
apt-get install --reinstall xlibs

Make sure you can use xfontsel to view the font which chinput trys
to load.

The previouse locales.dir is for GB2312 locale and Chinput will load
both Big5 and GB fonts at the start up since it can input both encodings.

--
hashao|    唱彻阳关泪未干,功名馀事且加餐。浮天水送无穷树,带雨云埋一半山。
hashao|    今古恨,几千般,只应离合是悲欢。江头未是风波恶,别有人间行路难!