Re: [DOC] Poorman's Chinese Type1 font for CJK-latex

On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 10:05:07PM +0800, edward.@kimo.com wrote:

> ◎ 步骤
>
>   1. 由 TTF 产生 ps 档
>      ttf2pfb -c -pid 3 -eid 4 -plane 1 avmfv -o avmfv01 avmfv.ttf
>      ttf2pfb -c -pid 3 -eid 4 -plane 58 avmfv -o avmfv58 avmfv.ttf
>      造至 avmfv58.ps。可自行写 sh script 来做比较方便。
>      * 全真字型可至 plane 58,文鼎的只到 55 就可以了,视字型而定。
>
>   2. 修改 ps 档
>      FullName 改成 avmfvxx(xx 视字型 plane 号码)
>      Family Name 改成 avmfv
>      请自行用编辑器或 perl/python 来做。
>
>   3. 由 ps 产生 pfb 档
>      t1asm -b avmfv01.ps > avmfv01.pfb
>      t1asm -b avmfv58.ps > avmfv58.pfb
>      请自行写 sh script 来做。

There are used to be quite some programs deal with Chinese .ps/tex
thing at ifcss.org. I guess now a day, no much people remember ifcss.org.
Well, ifcss closed it themselves. So...

Anyway, at ftp://ftp.cuhk.edu.hk/pub/chinese/ifcss/software/unix/print/, you
can found someone already made the script for this around 1998. :) The package
is call psfonts-gb. It use freetype1 and handles unicode ttf but as the
name suggust, it is for GB. I am sure it is easy to add big5 support too.

Also at ftp://ftp.cuhk.edu.hk/pub/chinese/ifcss/software/fonts/utils/, the
package ttf2pk deal with tex directly. It might be big5 only.

Hope this infomation helps some.

--
hashao|三径初成,鹤怨猿惊,稼轩未来。甚云山自许,平生意气,衣冠人笑,抵死尘埃。
hashao|意倦须还,身闲贵早,岂为□羹鲈脍哉!秋江上,看惊弦雁避,骇浪船回。