Re: dpkg: Update failures

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 11:49:57AM +0800, Yang Shouxun wrote:
> Dear Debian users,
>
> Because I'm behind a Wingate, I don't have direct access to http or ftp.
> Someone suggests set http_proxy and ftp_proxy in /etc/environment, but
> that seems to be not working.

Actually, not to /etc/environment, but to /etc/apt/apt.conf.
For example, I used to use this:

	Acquire::http::proxy "http://nocache.srv.ualberta.ca:8080/";;

Please let me know if that solves your problem.

Regards,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada