Re: Is there anybody interested in supporting GB18030 in debian?

Hello,

On 20 Jan 2001 zw@debian.org wrote:

> Anthony Fok <foka@ualberta.ca> writes:
>
> > On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, suzhe wrote:
> > >   Yes, I have already done a primitive GB18030 patch for XFree86 4.0.2
>
> As rumor said, GB18030 maybe is just on the road to Unicode... So somebody,
  Yes, it is! But GB18030 is still very important for compatible
reason. Because there are lots of archives are encoded in GB2312 and
GBK. Converting them into UTF-8 is a very hard work and will take very
long time. So we need a intermediate solution -- GB18030.