Re: Arphic unifont Y2K

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 07:31:55PM -0500, Chun Kit Edwin Lau wrote:
> 	I just bought unifont y2k from arphic and I want to install in
> it.  The question is there is a installing script for Linux (for CLE),
> and it just copy file to one directory and link it to another, and it
> also create font.* files.  But I am using x-ttcidfont-conf and is it
> better to use x-ttcidfont-conf?  I tried to figure out how it worked.
> But no luck.  Is there a way I can find out how it worked or maybe
> someone has some script that I can use to install it? thanx

See:

	/var/lib/dpkg/info/ttf-arphic-bsmi00lp.postinst
and
	/etc/defoma/hints/ttf-arphic-bsmi00lp.hints

I.e. create the hint file, and then run
defoma-font reregister-all <hintfile>?  Something like that.
x-ttcidfont-conf's maintainer Yasuhiro Take has asked me a few days ago
to provide hint files for proprietary font products.  If you have time to
create the ones for the Arphic Unifont Y2K, that would be marvellous.  ;-)

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling  霍东灵