Re: 如何安装Package

On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 08:03:19PM +0800, lilong@mail.ihep.ac.cn wrote:

> 现在我的机器上可能只装了内核和网络部分的东西(网是通的),声卡和打印机
> 没有配上(在安装Debian过程中配置它们时就说失败)。APT我也不知装上了没有,

For sound card, you might want to look into alsa package.
For printer, you can install lprng and apsfilter or CUPS.

> 在安装Debian过程中它让我装包时,我选了手工配置Source文件,但是没有对
> 文件进行改动(其实这个文件里全是注释),就这样过去了,但是系统仍友好地告
> 诉我0个包装上了  //faint,我要条件方便我就把所有的包都装上

In debian, you don't install everything. It's a waste of space. But
you'd better have a debian CD if you don't have good net speed.

> 我想问大虾的是:
> 1. 我该如何安装所需要的包,如X window(xfree86 4.x)。当然也请大虾们告诉
> 我哪些包应该装上,我想在Debian下编译Fortran程序,用Emacs编辑器,Latex/CJK,
> 暂时想到这些吧。

We have:
task-x-window-system - X Window System (complete)
task-x-window-system-core - X Window System (core components)

for fortran, there is task-fortran
and task-tex , task-chinese, emacs20 or xemacs21.

And of cause you should install man-db first so that you don't have to ask
us for everything. :).

Since you cannot use apt because you cannot install from CD or
from a debian archive(You only have 20MB), I guess you have to use dpkg.
download the .deb file, 'dpkg -i file.deb' to install. If failed,
download the files that it depends. 'dpkg -I file.deb' can give you
more infomation of the .deb.

Without apt, you will want to install the packages that task-* depends.

$ apt-cache show task-fortran
Package: task-fortran
Section: devel
Installed-Size: 13
Maintainer: Mark Brown <broonie@debian.org>
Architecture: all
Version: 1.1
Depends: g77 | fortran77-compiler, ftnchek

Suggests: fweb, slatec, asa
Filename: dists/potato/main/binary-all/devel/task-fortran_1.1.deb
Size: 2094
MD5sum: 3af39d2b2b63d4b288ca7327fa030993
 This package depends on a number of other packages.  When installed
 with all its dependencies it provides a reasonably complete environment
 for Fortran 77 development.  It also suggest a couple of other packages
 which may be of use to Fortran programmers, but does not suggest
 general tools like editors.
 .
 Removing this package will not remove any functionality from your
 system - it exists purely to provide dependencies on other packages.

> 反是小于20M的包我都能下载,但只能从其它的机器上下载,然后再传到我的机器上。
>
> 2. 包取过来了,我又该如何安装?我不太明白APT,请大虾们指点一下。我怎样才能
> 知道我的机器上装了什么包?

You need a archive to use apt. the archive can be put on ftp, http,
local file system or cd. To install a individual file, you have to use
'dpkg' just like install a rpm file on redhat.

You can point your sources.list of apt to a mirror site in china and
do a apt-get update. Then you can find out want program you want with
apt-cache search. sources.list looks like:

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free

--
hashao|常记得离筵饮泣饯行时,折尽青青杨柳枝。欲拈斑管书心事,无那可乾坤天样般纸。
hashao|意悬悬诉不尽相思,谩写下鸳鸯字,空吟就花月词,凭何人付与娇姿。