Re: Question regarding XCIN

On Tue, May 29, 2001, Ray Liao wrote:
> Yes, in my .bashrc I have the following line:
> export LANG=zh_TW.Big5
> export LC_CTYPE=zh_TW.Big5
> export LC_MESSAGES=C
> export XMODIFIERS=@im=xcin
> However, I do notice that I am missing a .Xdefaults, and .Xresources file.
> in .xsession, I only have this line
> exec gnome-session
>
> Does xcin need to have the some other init files besides the .xcinrc ?

  you can set almost everything you want in ~/.xcinrc or default xcinrc.

  try to set:

  (define INPUT_STYLE             '(Root OverTheSpot))

  in your xcinrc file.

  i'm not familiar with gedit. but if you use gvim/vim you need set

  set fe=taiwan/or prc
  set fontset="english font, chinese font"

  in your ~/.gvimrc and be sure your vim has +xfontset +xim +muli-byte
  function, you can type :ver in vim to confirm.
  * my gvim can use OverTheSpot mode.

  hope those will help you.

--
Warm Regards,
Edward G.J. Lee(李果正)

 --*--  The best kind of learning is learning by doing.  --*--