Entering Chinese punctuation marks

Hi,
status report from the front:

I have been using emacs-mule and the bg5latex package for the past two
months or so and I have to say it is really cool.  Using the debian cjk
tools, I've written a letter to my future inlaws and also some homework
for my chinese class.  i like the kai font.

I also find other utilities useful -- hanzim, cxterm  ( though I haven't
found much use for xcin yet ).

I have a couple of questions:

a) chinese punctuation input -- using the pinyin input how do I enter a
"chinese" comma? or a "chinese" question mark?  By "chinese" I mean the
one in the "kai" font, not the little regular one.  For that matter
where
are the pinyin mapping files kept?  I assume there's some file (human
readable) that details the pinyin input method -- but I can't find it.

Cheers,
Curt