Re: Unicode 版的 Debian/CLE

----- Original Message -----
From: <wen@japan.email.ne.jp>
Newsgroups: linux.debian.user.chinese.big5
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2001 3:50 AM
Subject: Re: Unicode 版的 Debian/CLE

> benluo> I can not read your email. I don't know why. Somebody can tell me?
> benluo> My email system is exim/mutt/fetchmail. mutt is 1.2.5 and in GB2312.
>
> Me too. I could not read any chinese letter in the contents. The information
> in the header shows,
>
> Could someone explain it?

It is a multi-part message. One of the parts is probably text/plain;
charset=big5/gb2312.

The auto translator obviously has a problem with the several MIME
encodings and with MIME multipart-messages.

It should - in my opinion - look for parts with charset=big5, decode
them, convert them to gb2312 (and vice versa, of course), and than
(optionally) re-encode them.

Is lists.debian.org the package for a (wishlist) bug-report?

--
"I stand by all the misstatements that I've made."
 - Governor George W. Bush to Sam Donaldson, 8/17/93