Re: [Q]upgrade by apt

On Sat, Jan 27, 2001 at 06:01:24PM +0900, wen@japan.email.ne.jp wrote:
> Hi,
> I have failed in upgrading a woody to unstable by atp. I found many
> pakages in /var/cache/apt/archives/ have the symbol like _1%3a in a
> package's name. Does that mean these packages are not downloaded
> completely? Should I remove it and download again? Thanks.

No, they are okay.  The incomplete (or "partial") files are in
/var/cache/apt/archives/partial.  What about the _1%3a?  It is most likely
"_1:" changed into a hex (?) representation.  The colon represents the
epoch in a version number, but the colon sometimes isn't safe,
especially on an MS-DOS / Windows system where the colon is used to
represent a drive letter; so, the colon is changed into "%3a" instead.

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada