Re: [Draft] Writing i18n apps with glibc 2.2

    Roger> So, given a stream of bytes which might contain multibyte
    Roger> characters, how would I test whether a byte is, say, printable?
    Roger> Do I need to test for MB_CUR_MIN to MB_CUR_MAX number of bytes
    Roger> instead of individual bytes?  (seems wildly inefficient ...)

Or is it that when MB_CUR_MAX!=1, you really shouldn't "check whether a byte
is printable"?  It doesn't make much sense to me: even if 0xA6 or 0xA7
appear as a byte in a BIG5 character, there is no guarantee that D8A7, say,
is a valid BIG5!  So it's neither "printable" nor "unprintable"...

    Roger> Also, in glibc, are widechars always in Unicode? (UCS-4?)

I think so.

Regards,
Isaac.