Re: consol chinese system

On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 02:04:11PM -0700, YeMa wrote:
> Hi!
> Is there anybody can tell me which chinese display and input system is
> recommanded in consol?
> Thx

Hey, neat!  Are you working with Storm Linux in Vancouver?  :-)
Since you sent your message to the debian-chinese-gb list, I assume
that you use GB2312.  I would say cce-0.36 is the best as a Chinese
GB console.  yh (YanHuang) is pretty good too, but 0.31 has some minor
problems.

If you are running Debian potato, just do a:

	apt-get install cce

and you should be up and running.  :-)  It contains an excellent pinyin
input method, for starters.

Or do you mean something that runs under X Window System, like crxvt-gb,
xcin2.5 (or crxvt2.3+xcin2.3?  or Chinput 2.1... (oops, I forgot to upload
Yu Guanghui's package... :-)

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada