Re: SCIM and OpenOffice
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: SCIM and OpenOffice
- From: Robert Tucker <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:35:10 +0000
- Message-id: <[🔎] 421DC9FE.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <3Bogg-ZEemail@example.com>
- References: <3B6Mpfirstname.lastname@example.org> <3B6Mpemail@example.com> <3B6Mpfirstname.lastname@example.org> <3B6Mpemail@example.com> <3BcRPfirstname.lastname@example.org> <3BdXC-1iXemail@example.com> <3Bogg-ZEfirstname.lastname@example.org>
Andrew Lee wrote:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Osamu Aoki wrote:
|> For what it's worth, I just tested SCIM and OpenOffice on my sid
|> machine and it works without any problem. The packages are all
|> Debian official: openoffice.org 1.1.3-4 scim
|> (and scim-gtk2-immodules) 1.0.2-2 scim-chinese
|> 0.4.2-1 and the other configurations are: LANG=POSIX
|> LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8 XMODIFIERS="@im=SCIM" # This should not
|> matter GTK_IM_MODULE=scim # This is important since OO.o has
|> problem with XIM The desktop is GNOME.
I tested on 1.1.3-6 with scim-chewing, Chinese input is fine in
oocalc, oodraw, ooimpress...can't see any problem with Chinese input.
My configurations are:
Window Manager is WindowMaker.
I have upgraded scim, scim-config-gconf, scim-config-socket, scim-dev,
scim-dev-socket-doc, scim-frontend-socket, scim-gtk2-immodule,
scim-server-socket from 1.0.2-1 to 1.0.2-2, but still no joy with SCIM
and Debian OpenOffice.
Also have installed: scim-chewing, scim-chinese, scim-hangul, scim-m17n,
scim-tables-additional, scim-tables-ja, scim-tables-ko, scim-tables-zh,
scim-uim, anthy and libanthy0.
Someone using Mepis seems equally "stuck" getting SCIM to work with OOo
and I think there's probably a few more on the Internet lists. Don't
know what we are all doing differently.
[Incidentally I find OpenOffice1.1.3-6 very unstable (it crashes when
certain menu items (e.g. 'Font Effects', but it may be a different item
with each install) are selected]