Re: firefly fonts & CJKUnifonts

On Friday 18 February 2005 18:46, Enrico Zini wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 06:12:03PM +0800, Kanru Chen wrote:
> > Firefly is going to merge his embedded bitmap fonts into Arne's
> > CJKUnifonts in the future which contains more characters and update
> > more frequency. So let's close this ITP and create another for
> > CJKUnifonts
> >
> > CJKUnifonts - a TrueType unicode font containing Traditional
> > Chinese, Minnan, Hakka, Simplified Chinese and Kantonese
> > characters.  And Japanese and Korean characters will be included
> > soon.
> > CJKUnifont
> > (http://unifont.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/CJKUnifonts)

Thanks. :)

> Now that we're on topic... while still in Taiwan I sent a mail to
> Anthony Fok <foka@debian.org> asking if he wanted to sposor Arne's
> fonts (since he already have experience in sponsoring such fonts),
> however he never got back to me.

He got never back to me either... :) you are not alone.

> At this point, I'll send a mail to debian-devel asking if there is
> some font expert that would be interested.  Else, I can do the
> sponsoring but I don't know enough for checking the correctness of
> the various scripts.

I can explain the scripts to you. ;) I think I will put an explanation
for developers online... also if others want to make packages for other
distributions...

> Is there an ITP for Arne's fonts?  If not, we should create one.  If
> yes, please tell me the number, because I couldn't find it.

not yet.

I released a new version (0.0.20050214-1). But I will have to fix
something in the font, so I will make an update soon.

Cheers
Arne

--
Arne Götje (高盛華) <arne@linux.org.tw>