Re: Chinese in XMMS

What locale are you using?
UTF or GB or BIG5 ?
it is kind of tricky.. because if your id3 tag is not in
the same locale.. I don't think it will automatically
converted that for you ... I suggest you use UTF
Good luck

AvengerMoJo

Frank Pok Man Chu wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to display chinese characters in XMMS. I read the FAQ and followed the instructions, but I still can't see the chinese characters.

I have a few chinese fonts installed, and I can select most of them in XMMS->Preferences->Fonts. However, my display is still displaying strange characters instead of the chinese fonts. Am I missing some steps to get chinese to display correctly?

Thanks for reading,

Frank

--
Alex Lau

Director - R&D/Training
Application Software Department

ThizLinux Laboratory Limited
Unit 502-505, 5/F, Tower3, Enterprise Square
9 Sheung Yuet Road, Kowloon Bay, Hong Kong

TEL:(852)2735-2725 Mobile:(852)9162-1631